Job spec No. PL-1435 IT administrator/DB
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic IT admnistrator based in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for an IT administrator to join a busy IT deparetement, the sucessfull candidate shoud have a methodical approach and good communication skills be able to work under self supervision, have an eye for detail as they will be reading/checking IT procedures/logs, have good organisation skills to plan incoming requests and prioritise, willing to learn new untested procedures.
Education required:· Business/Computer studies degree, Documentation work-flow, basic understanding of quality control, have a good fundamentals about networking, ideally have at least 2 years experience in similar role.
Required technical background:Product knowledge or understanding of:
· Backup Exec
· Cisco/Sonicwall firewall
· vSphere – VM management
· MS Active Directory management
· MS SQL
· Amazon AWS
· MS Azure
· Linux admin
· Web servers; IIS, Apache and nginX
· Datastores; storage backbends and NAS/DAS
· Helpdesk support
· SLA and KPI’s (performance metrics)
Preferred technical background:· CRM systems (Microsoft Dynamics) & marketing automation
· AWS DDB, S3, etc.
· Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.)
· Less important, but useful (SIP, WebRTC, PHP, Joomla)
Personal qualities required:· Software literate. Technically enthusiastic and ambitious
· Innovative and creative with an imaginative approach to solving problems
· Clarity and conciseness in written and verbal communication
· Good English language skills (spelling, grammar)
· Self motivated, versatile and a willingness to learn.
Responsibilities will include:The role will be bias slightly towards Database/MS NAV and CRM management, general network management/admin including backups/restores.ISO 9001/27001/documentation and managing ACR’s(Access Control Requests), test backup/restore, log checks and monitor, updating IT process/manuals, stock control, auditing software/hardware/network.
The candidate:· The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team worker with a creative and imaginative approach to solving problems and good inter-personal skills
· Two or more years work experience is desirable.
The companyEstablished in 1978 Aculab has grown into a multinational company, selling into over 40 countries. Aculab's mission statement includes the phrase “to maintain a work environment of satisfaction, pride and fun”. A flat management structure and empowered staff add to the enjoyment and personal satisfaction of working at Aculab.