Aculab’s mission statement includes the phrase ‘to maintain a work environment of satisfaction, pride and fun’.
Our private status and the fact that we have funded growth through our profits as opposed to borrowing, assists us in maintaining such an environment.
A flat management structure, empowered staff and absence of functional walls add to the enjoyment and personal satisfaction of working at Aculab. Continued growth inevitably results in increased employment opportunities.
Job No. NC1433 Software Developer
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic software engineer to work in software development at Aculab PLC.
Aculab, a UK based manufacturer of software for the telecommunications and speech processing market, is looking for someone to be based in Milton Keynes, who would enjoy a mixed role - both supporting the company’s website and digital marketing initiatives, and working with engineering teams building converged cloud communications applications.
The position is within the team responsible for developing and maintaining Aculab Cloud, Aculab's Communications Platform-as-a-Service.
Work in the team covers a variety of tasks including programming, system administration, development of back end services, designing APIs and SDKs for a variety of platforms and languages, and maintenance of a resilient distributed system.
Candidates should have a good programming background, be adaptable and be good at working in a team.
Education required· Good degree in software, computer science or related subject;
A short programming test will be given during the interview.
The following are essential· Python
· A good knowledge of Linux, system administration and system programming;
· Working knowledge of IP protocols and networking;
· Understanding of memory management and multi-threading;
· Bright, motivated, analytical, quick to learn;
· Good communication and team working skills;
The following would be advantageous· Knowledge of real time and telecommunications media processing;
· Working knowledge of AWS services;
· Willingness to be part of the core on-call team maintaining Aculab Cloud;
· Experience in building secure web based systems;
· Experience of working with distributed systems;