At Aculab, we empower our employees through autonomy and creativity.
We are committed to building a workplace that is inclusive and open,
fostering professional development alongside productivity and job satisfaction.
Get in touch...
Job No PL2014 IT Administrator
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic IT Administrator based in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for an IT Administrator to join our busy but small IT department. The successful candidate will have an organised approach with good communication skills, work autonomously and pay attention to detail as they will be reading/checking IT procedures/logs. The IT Administrator will be highly organised in planning incoming requests and prioritise their workload accordingly. The candidate will be career driven and possess a willingness to learn new untested procedures.
Established in 1978 Aculab has grown into a multinational company, selling into over 40 countries. Aculab's mission statement includes the phrase “to maintain a work environment of satisfaction, pride and fun”. A flat management structure and empowered staff add to the enjoyment and personal satisfaction of working at Aculab.
The candidate:· The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team worker with a creative and imaginative approach to solving problems and good inter-personal skills.
· Three or more years work experience is desirable.
Education required:· Business/Computer studies degree
· Ideally have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Required Technical background:
Product knowledge or understanding of:· Backup Exec
· Cisco/Sonicwall firewall
· vSphere – VM management
· MS Active Directory management
· MS SQL
· Amazon AWS
· MS Azure
· Linux admin
· Datastores; storage backbends and NAS/DAS
· Helpdesk support systems
· SLA and KPI’s (performance metrics)
· Good fundamentals about networking.
Preferred Technical background:· CRM systems (Gold-Vision) & marketing automation
· AWS DDB, S3, etc.
· Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.).
· Less important, but useful (SIP, WebRTC, PHP, WordPress)
· Web servers; IIS Apache and NginX
· Network security/PEN testing
· MS NAV
· ISO quality standards 9001 and 27001.
Personal qualities required:· Software literate. Technically enthusiastic and ambitious
· Innovative and creative with an imaginative approach to solving problems
· Clarity and conciseness in written and verbal communication
· Good English language skills (spelling, grammar)
· Self-motivated, versatile and a willingness to learn.
Responsibilities will include:
ISO 9001/27001/documentation and managing ACR’s (Access Control Requests), test backup/restore, log checks and monitoring, updating IT process/manuals, stock control, auditing software/hardware/networking, and general network management/admin.
Help to manage the vSphere environment we have and develop and maintain the MS on-prem servers, including Exchange/SQL.
IT activities such as PC/Laptops builds, WEEE disposal etc.
The benefits of working for us include:· 4% employer pension contributions, rising to 5% on 2nd year anniversary
· Cycle to work scheme
· Hybrid working
· Casual dress for in-office days
· 35-hour week
· Flat management structure and privately held
· 20 days holiday rising to 25 days on 2-year anniversary, plus 8 Bank Holidays
· Office in great lakeside location, close to shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres, and with free parking.
We are a diverse team, passionate about pushing boundaries and helping you develop in your professional career.
If you are interested in finding out more about Aculab and Our Culture, click the link below.
“Working with Aculab is a walk in the park. Our bosses are always coming up with new ideas for us to get involved in. It's fun and professional rolled into one. I couldn't have chosen another company with such passions for their employees and the work we do.”
Debi, Digital Analyst
“Working at Aculab has allowed me to learn new programming skills and provided excellent experience to kick-start my career.”
Eleanor, Digital Analyst
“One of the things that I really appreciate about Aculab as a workplace, are the opportunities to get involved and develop your skills across different departments based on both your interests and the needs of the business.”
Feyi, Marketing executive
“I joined Aculab as Facilities Manager in May 1999. There is a relaxed, friendly atmosphere here, with a wide range of workplace and life skills and experiences. For me Aculab has been a great place to work, I have learnt a lot, met plenty of good people and the history and technological side of the Company is fascinating.”
Keith, Facilities Manager