An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic software test engineer to work in the software QA test team at Aculab PLC.
Aculab, a UK based manufacturer of software for the telecommunications and speech processing market, is looking for someone, based in the Milton Keynes area, to work in the team responsible for developing tools and testing Aculab’s varied products and services.
Aculab’s QA team is responsible for ensuring that all products and services offered by Aculab are fit for purpose. An engineer in this team will have the following responsibilities.· Software development of tools and scripts for use by the QA team.
· Creating tests and writing test plans.
· Executing test plans.
· Raising issues with the development teams and then working with those teams to help resolve the issues found.
· Creating test systems that will fully exercise the products on test and that will give us “real use” coverage.
Education required:A Bachelor’s degree or HND in a relevant discipline.
The following are essential· Bright, motivated, analytical, quick to learn
· Good communication and team working skills
· Programming experience in one or more of the following languages:
· A good knowledge of TCP/IP networks and how to configure and them setup
· Experience working with Linux and Windows servers at an administration level
The following would be advantageous:· ISTQB Certification
· Programming languages:
- Working knowledge of Real time and telecommunications media processing
- AWS services
- Linux, system administration and system programming
· Security concepts such s OWASP #10
· Experience of working in a QA role
· Experience in setting up and using virtual environments such as vmware, KVM and Hyper-V
· Experience with using packet capture and analysis tools such as wireshark
· Experience in using debugging tools such as GDB and Windbg
· Development of multi-threaded software.
The candidate:The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team worker with a creative and imaginative approach to solving problems and good interpersonal skills. In return, we provide a friendly, supportive and collaborative environment where you and your work are valued.
The companyEstablished in 1978 Aculab has grown into a multinational company, selling into over 40 countries. Aculab's mission statement includes the phrase “to maintain a work environment of satisfaction, pride and fun”. A flat management structure and empowered staff add to the enjoyment and personal satisfaction of working at Aculab.