Job No PL2014 IT Administrator
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic IT Administrator based in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for an IT Administrator to join our busy but small IT department. The successful candidate will have an organised approach with good communication skills, work autonomously and pay attention to detail as they will be reading/checking IT procedures/logs. The IT Administrator will be highly organised in planning incoming requests and prioritise their workload accordingly. The candidate will be career driven and possess a willingness to learn new untested procedures.
Established in 1978 Aculab has grown into a multinational company, selling into over 40 countries. Aculab's mission statement includes the phrase “to maintain a work environment of satisfaction, pride and fun”. A flat management structure and empowered staff add to the enjoyment and personal satisfaction of working at Aculab.
The candidate:· The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team worker with a creative and imaginative approach to solving problems and good inter-personal skills.
· Three or more years work experience is desirable.
Education required:· Business/Computer studies degree
· Ideally have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Required Technical background:
Product knowledge or understanding of:· Backup Exec
· Cisco/Sonicwall firewall
· vSphere – VM management
· MS Active Directory management
· MS SQL
· Amazon AWS
· MS Azure
· Linux admin
· Datastores; storage backbends and NAS/DAS
· Helpdesk support systems
· SLA and KPI’s (performance metrics)
· Good fundamentals about networking.
Preferred Technical background:· CRM systems (Gold-Vision) & marketing automation
· AWS DDB, S3, etc.
· Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.).
· Less important, but useful (SIP, WebRTC, PHP, WordPress)
· Web servers; IIS Apache and NginX
· Network security/PEN testing
· MS NAV
· ISO quality standards 9001 and 27001.
Personal qualities required:· Software literate. Technically enthusiastic and ambitious
· Innovative and creative with an imaginative approach to solving problems
· Clarity and conciseness in written and verbal communication
· Good English language skills (spelling, grammar)
· Self-motivated, versatile and a willingness to learn.
Responsibilities will include:
ISO 9001/27001/documentation and managing ACR’s (Access Control Requests), test backup/restore, log checks and monitoring, updating IT process/manuals, stock control, auditing software/hardware/networking, and general network management/admin.
Help to manage the vSphere environment we have and develop and maintain the MS on-prem servers, including Exchange/SQL.
IT activities such as PC/Laptops builds, WEEE disposal etc.
The benefits of working for us include:· 4% employer pension contributions, rising to 5% on 2nd year anniversary
· Cycle to work scheme
· Hybrid working
· Casual dress for in-office days
· 35-hour week
· Flat management structure and privately held
· 20 days holiday rising to 25 days on 2-year anniversary, plus 8 Bank Holidays
· Office in great lakeside location, close to shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres, and with free parking.