Prosody S licensing quick start guide
This guide describes how to apply Prosody S V3 audio licences to a Windows or Linux host in three easy steps. It describes the process for ‘legacy’ licences that tie the licence to the target machine with the Machine ID parameter. Legacy licences are those created by ACT and Licence Manager v3.x (The current Aculab licensing system, launched in April 2017, uses v4.x of ACT and Licence Manager, and does not require Machine IDs to create the licences).
Configure Prosody S and get your machine ID:
- Launch the Aculab configuration tool (ACT) – see note a
- Add a Prosody S virtual card if you do not have one created already – in the left-hand pane of the ACT, select Prosody S and click on the ‘add’ button (see the Prosody S User Guide for further detail)
- Input a serial number (anything that you want, 1234 is a good start) then click on ‘generate key’, then OK the dialog – Prosody S should now start
- Select the ‘Licence Manager’ view from the left-hand pane
- Select any Prosody S card then click ‘Request Licence Keys’
- You will now be offered the choice of obtaining a machine ID for a product key or a feature key – for Prosody S audio licences, check the ‘Product’ box and select OK
- A new dialog box pops up with your machine ID; copy the machine ID string to your clipboard for use in step 2 -see note b
Get your licence key:
- Use the ‘Launch Website’ button to quickly reach the licensing self-service pages; alternatively, navigate here to the login page – see note c
- Select ‘Manage licences’, click on the ‘Add licences’ button and paste the machine ID into the appropriate field – see note b
- Fill in the number of licences and select the sales order that you wish to deduct the credits from
- Click ‘submit’ and your licence key will be generated and shown on screen; copy it to your clipboard for use in step 3 – see note b
Install your licences:
- Back in the ACT ‘Licence Manager’ view, click on ‘Install Licence Keys’
- Paste the licence key from step 2 into the pop-up dialogue and click ‘OK’ – see note b
- A pop-up will confirm successful installations.
Important note – You must complete all three steps for each licence you wish to add; the Machine ID generated in step 2 is not reusable.
A. In Windows, a shortcut to the ACT can be found in the Programs Menu under Aculab\v6. For Linux systems you will find the ACT executable in the ‘bin’ subdirectory of the v6 installation (usually at ‘/usr/local/aculab/v6’).
B. Please ensure that the pasted machine ID and licence key text does not contain blank spaces or tabs, otherwise the key will fail to install.
C. Microsoft IE7 or later, or other browsers such as Firefox 3.x should be used to access the system.