Install Aculab software using the AIT
Step 1 – configure Prosody S
- Launch the Aculab configuration tool (ACT) - see notes 1 and 2
- Add a Prosody S virtual card if you do not have one created already - in the left-hand pane of the ACT, select Prosody S and click on the 'add' button. See the Prosody S User Guide (Windows version, Linux version) for further detail
- Input a serial number (anything that you want, 1234 is a good start) then click on 'generate key', then OK the dialog - Prosody S should now start
- Select the 'Licence Manager' view from the left-hand pane
- Select any Prosody S card then click 'Request Licence Keys'
- You will now be offered the choice of obtaining a machine ID for a product key or a feature key - for Prosody S audio licences, check the 'Product' box and select OK
- A new dialog box pops up with your machine ID; copy the machine ID string to your clipboard for use in step 2 -see note 3
Step 2 – obtain your Prosody S licencesAculab use a web-based tool for self-service licensing of Prosody S and other paid-for software. Licence ‘credits’ should be purchased first, and with payment complete, your licence credits and login credentials for the licensing website are sent to you via email. (If you are just checking out the software, evaluation licences can be downloaded free of charge from the Aculab website).
- Use the 'Launch Website' button in the ACT to quickly reach the licensing self-service pages; alternatively, navigate here to the login page - see note 4
- Select 'Manage licences', click on the 'Add licences' button and paste the machine ID into the appropriate field - see note 3
- Fill in the number of licenses and select the sales order that you wish to deduct the credits from
- Click 'submit' and your licence key will be generated and shown on screen; copy it to your clipboard for use in step 3 - see note 3
Step 3 – Install your licences
- Back in the ACT 'Licence Manager' view, click on 'Install Licence Keys'
- Paste the licence key from step 2 into the pop-up dialogue and click 'OK' - see note 2
- A pop-up will confirm successful installations.
- Important note - You must complete all three steps for each licence you wish to add; the machine ID generated in step 2 is not reusable.