An exciting opportunity for a technically minded individual to join our technical support team.
Aculab, a UK based manufacturer of computer hardware and Cloud software for the telecommunications market, is looking for someone who enjoys working with customers building converged network communication.
Education required:· A degree in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline.
Required technical background:· Experience programming in one or more (advantage) of:
· A good knowledge of Linux system administration.
The following would be advantageous:· Technical Customer Support experience
· Knowledge of SIP
· Experience building secure web base
· QA Testing Experience
· Cloud Based Applications
· Web Services/REST API’s.
Personal qualities required:· Software literate. Technically enthusiastic and ambitious
· Innovative and creative with an imaginative approach to solving problems
· Clarity and conciseness in written and verbal communication
· Self motivated, versatile and a willingness to learn.
Technical Support activity will include:· Log and review incoming technical support inquiries from customers and partners via telephone and email; duplicate, research, resolve and test potential defects; answer technical product questions
· Develop and execute test plans
· Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills; anticipate error conditions and likely failure scenarios
· Escalate issues to engineering as and when needed. Set customer expectations; provide regular updates
· On-site customer support when necessary and undertake national and international travel as required
· Help R&D teams with developing and testing new products
· Help write QA test applications.
The candidate:Ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, team worker with a creative and imaginative approach to solving problems. Occasional travel to the US.
The companyEstablished in 1978 Aculab has grown into a multinational company, selling into over 40 countries. Aculab's mission statement includes the phrase “to maintain a work environment of satisfaction, pride and fun”. A flat management structure and empowered staff add to the enjoyment and personal satisfaction of working at Aculab.