Gateways with a twist
Gateways enable communication where otherwise, it would be impossible.
Gateways are analogous to interpreters. They don’t translate the conversation during your calls, but they do interpret, and in doing so interwork, the protocols that set up and manage your conversations.
In that sense, gateways render the impossible possible. But that’s not the whole story…
Some gateways can do more than the impossible.
In a typical scenario, the gateway will be sitting in a rack alongside your solution. That means two, separate portions of rack space.
If it was possible to lodge your software-based solution in the same box as the gateway, you’d be able to free up a whole portion of rack space.
To make that happen, the gateway has to be an open platform appliance with an integral virtual machine (VM) on which to install and run your application.
The ApplianX AP Gateway from Aculab is such a space saving platform, offering free lodgings for your applications – and many more advantages.
Getting more from your gateway
If you’re offering gateways as part of your narrative for an IP migration strategy, you – and your clients – will be interested in getting more value from those gateways.
Equally, if you need gateways to interwork clients’ legacy systems to your new, IP-based solutions, you must be interested in doing more with those gateways.
Now you can have some more.
Beyond saving rack space, the ApplianX AP Gateway gives you lots more advantages.
Chapter and verse
The ApplianX AP Gateway provides many advantages, including the following:
- Interwork with clients’ existing, legacy equipment
- Avoid racking up another device in your clients’ collections
- Run your software-based application on existing, proven hardware
- Reduce your clients’ monthly call costs, using SIP Trunks
- Continue to benefit from SIP, DPNSS and QSIG interworking
- Achieve a logical separation of equipment functions, in a single box
- Create your own custom OEM solutions
- Offer a PSTN failover connection for branch office survivability
- Offer clients an affordable IP transition schedule
- Benefit from an all-in-one ‘communications hub’