Media processing software
Prosody S runs on a Windows or Linux host to provide telephony resources for platforms such as contact centres, IP-PBXs, media servers, fax servers and conferencing products.
A customer application using Prosody S makes, receives and interacts with calls using the Aculab Call Control API, enabling the integration of telephony with business processes.
Licensed on a per channel basis and a distributed architecture enables Prosody S to be cost-effective for systems of any size.
Prosody S is a fully featured product comprising high and low-level telephony resources, fax, conferencing and transcoding.
With its extensive range of voice codecs and a cost-efficient per-channel pricing model, Prosody S is ideal for a wide range of communications applications.
Cost effective for any system size
Licensed on a per channel basis
Comprehensive telephony resources
Vast array of API commands; support for multiple voice and fax standards added over a decade of constant development
Suitable for a wide range of applications
Contact centre, message broadcast, IVR, conferencing, unified communications, etc.
Detailed information on feature sets, protocol support and applications.
- Fully-featured product – low level and high level telephony resources, extensive fax features, conferencing and transcoding
- Extensive portfolio of voice codecs – narrow band and wideband codecs available to suit a broad range of applications
- Per-channel licensing model – means a lower cost of ownership and greater deployment flexibility
- Scalable from 1 to 1000’s of channels per system –means applications can be expanded or scaled to suit any end-user channel count requirement
- Can be deployed on any platform or form factor – you can choose the server best suited to your application, deployment environment, target market and price point
- Distributed architecture – allows separation of application and media servers and provides the capability to create large multi-server systems
- VM support – enabling deployments on virtualised server environments for hosted or cloud models
- Channel count – from 1 to 1000s of channels per host CPU
- Telephony resources – record, playback, fax, conferencing, CPA, IVR
- Speech technologies – echo cancellation, barge-in to enable you to stop a replay, and silence suppression
- Operating systems – runs on Windows or Linux, any platform/form factor (1U server, processor blade, general purpose PC)
- Voice codecs – G.711, G.723.1, G.726, G.728, G.729A, G.729B, G.729AB, iLBC, GSM-FR, GSM-EFR, MS-GSM, AMR-NB, EVRC, SPEEX
- HD voice codecs – G.722, G.722.1, G.722.2 (AMR-WB), Skype SiLK
- Extensive fax support – including T.38 at up to V.34 speed and G.711 fax pass-through
- Transcoding – any-to-any voice codec, full-duplex channels, rate matching, narrowband/wideband conversion (up/down sampling)
- Media servers
- Command and control solutions
- Inbound/outbound IVR
- Contact centres
- PSAP CPE
- Voice broadcast
- SIP trunking
- Fax bureau/server
- Soft phones
- Online gaming platforms
- Announcement servers
- Transcoding platforms
- Auto attendant
We support the full range of SIP protocols, for more information, please refer to the Signalling and Protocols portfolio.
White papers, solutions and deployment notes
Learn more about what you could do with Prosody S.