Aculab’s GroomerII is a versatile problem solver of
compatibility issues in any telecommunications network and
has been described as “the Swiss Army knife of gateways.”
Beneficially, GroomerII protects legacy investments, offering TDM-to-IP interworking and TDM-to-TDM protocol conversion with many essential call routing features.
GroomerII is optimised for SIP (SIP 2.0 – RFC 3261 ) and SS7 interworking, with signalling protocol conversion and media gateway functionality in line with industry standards.
Aculab’s GroomerII is widely used as the protocol interworking function (PIF) of legacy gateways for public safety and emergency services communications. As such, GroomerII has become the “gateway of choice”.
Deployment ready solution
GroomerII is the “gateway of choice” for SS7 and SIP interworking in NG9-1-1 / 112 applications
NEBS compliant chassis
Offered in a carrier grade, 2U chassis for any telco deployment where SS7 and SIP interworking is needed
Wide range of protocols supported
Including legacy CAS, MF-CAMA, ISDN PRI, SS7 and SIP 2.0
Detailed information on feature sets, protocol support and applications.
- Multi-protocol signalling and media gateway – for any carrier/telco, service provider or telecommunications equipment manufacturer needing TDM-to-IP and/or IP-to-TDM conversion and interworking
- Interoperability and call routing – between disparate networks
- Optimised for SS7-to-SIP 2.0 interworking and call routing – with no hidden costs or additional licensing fees for SS7 signalling links
- Emergency services “media gateway of choice” – for next generation 1-1-2 and 9-1-1 protocol interface function (PIF) in EENA/NENA i3 defined legacy network gateways - NEBS compliant 2U chassis
- Multiple, deployment proven signalling protocol stacks – including legacy CAS, MF-CAMA, ISDN PRI, SS7 and SIP 2.0; GroomerII can be deployed in practically any telecommunications network worldwide
- Cost-effectively extends life of legacy equipment – enables the extension of hosted, IP-based, added value services towards users/subscribers in legacy PSTN/PLMN networks
- Redundancy – multiple GroomerIIs can be configured to operate in a dual redundant SS7 signalling architecture for added reliability in high availability environments
- Supports many call routing options – including number portability and number translation, and enables users to benefit from configurable call balancing and essential failover options in critical SIP 2.0 deployments
- Protocols supported – legacy CAS, MF-CAMA, global ISDN PRI, and international SS7 ISUP via E1/T1 trunks; and SIP 2.0 via redundant Ethernet
- Supports multiple, single and redundant SS7 A-links or F-links – with configurable options for ANSI, ITU-T, UK and China ISUP call control signalling
- Protocol conversion channel count – supports multiple, simultaneous protocol conversions with no reduction in channel count, regardless of CODEC (vocoder) scheme in use (G.711; G.729AB; G.723.1A; G.726)
- Channel counts – up to 960 simultaneous TDM to IP or IP to TDM protocol conversions in a single chassis
- Format – 2U, 19” rack mountable, server-based chassis, with dual, hot swap PSUs and software RAID Level 1
- Easy administration – no proprietary, additional or separate server function is needed to set up, configure and manage Aculab’s GroomerII
- Management features – benefits from remote ‘lights out’ and SNMP V2c capability, providing a standard GroomerII MIB and all appropriate traps and alarms to users’ existing central network management facilities via Ethernet
- Encryption – restricted availability versions are available, subject to international export restrictions, with support for SIPS and SRTP
- Environmental – GroomerII is fully RoHS and WEEE compliant and for carrier/telco deployments in the USA, models with CLEI coding and OSMINE TIRKS compatibility are available
- Deployment proven signalling and media gateway
- Interworking between disparate network types
- Call routing, based on e.g., CLI/DDI (ANI/DNIS); numbering plans; number translation; number portability; fallback routing; and ‘go/no-go’ lists
- Handle large media gateway traffic volumes in TDM-to-IP or IP-to-TDM conversions
- Interconnection between SS7 and SIP in next generation 1-1-2 and 9-1-1 EENA/NENA i3 architectures
- Add IP connectivity to an existing PBX/ACD system or connect an IP-PBX to an SS7, ISDN PRI or legacy CAS network
- TDM-to-TDM protocol conversion
Datasheets and case studies
Learn more about what you could do with the GroomerII gateway.