telephony signalling software
Aculab’s signalling protocol coverage extends to the broadest range of worldwide PSTN, call control, digital network access and E1/T1 signalling protocols for when you need an ISDN connection.
A range of field proven protocols
The list also includes SIGTRAN and many variants of Signalling System No. 7 (SS7), ISDN and CAS protocols for operation over E1/T1 trunks. In addition, when you need just VoIP or IP telephony, Aculab offers VoIP protocols and SIP 2.0 stacks for use with Prosody X and Prosody S.
A large number of the signalling protocols are also available for use with Aculab’s media gateway products, GroomerII and ApplianX.
Comprehensive and proven
Wide range of protocols supported, deployment proven
Suited for a range of applications
Used alongside Prosody X or Prosody S in enterprise, telco and emergency communications scenarios
Detailed information on feature sets and protocols supported.
- Aculab’s Prosody X VoIP-based products using SIP 2.0 can also be combined with any PSTN signalling protocol, including ISDN, SS7 and CAS protocols, to deliver powerful, cost-effective telecoms solutions.
- The ability to combine telephony functionality with signalling protocols enables single platform solutions, which are extremely cost-effective, compared to alternatives needing separate telephony hardware and signalling cards.
- Offering the same core VoIP or IP telephony functionality, Prosody S offers granular scalability and a viable, software-only, alternative to using telephony cards for SIP 2.0 in hosted, service provider or enterprise platforms.
- Using a download utility, developers can simply download the signalling protocol firmware, free of charge, when they need it – a distinct advantage in system cost and value per channel.
- Excluding SIGTRAN and dual redundant SIP (refer to white paper below), which are licensed, all signalling protocols, including SIP 2.0 and SS7, are freely available for use with Prosody X and Prosody S.
- Aculab has obtained many country specific, host independent regulatory approvals, meaning Prosody X can be integrated into server-based solutions without further telecom approvals being needed.
- As part of its support and professional services value-add, Aculab can offer assistance to users seeking system level type approvals in regions where host independent approvals are not available.
- Protocols for PSTN or ISDN connection, enabling deployment of a wide variety of global telephony solutions over E1/T1 trunks, include support for: QSIG; DPNSS; DASS2; NI-2; ETS300; and EuroISDN
- Support for signalling system number 7 (SS7), includes: SIGTRAN M3UA; SCTP; many national and international variants of ISUP; SCCP; TCAP; and MTP2/3
- Legacy CAS protocol support includes: T1 robbed bit (T1RBS); and many national and international variants of MRCR2
- Protocols for VoIP or IP telephony, include support for: SIP 2.0; SIP RFC 3261; and SIPS (TLS)
SIP compatibility SIP from: AcmePacket; Avaya; BT; Cisco; Level 3; microDATA; Polycom; Siemens; SNOM; Voxbone – works with most other SIP solutions.
White papers, datasheets, deployment notes and case studies
Learn more about what you could do with our signalling stacks.